miércoles, 23 de mayo de 2007

Memories

It looks like a longtime ago when I arrived to the Castilian, but 5 months have already passed... I've moved so I'm no longer there, maybe I go back in september, but now I'm enjoying a "peaceful" summer in my single room at Goodall Wooten... and there are so many memories of my old dorm...

I remember the first day at the Castilian (with Vicky), it was our first day in Austin (and in the USA) so we were completely lost.

I remember the night I met YingYing with Marcelo, we had a lot of fun talking about how her best friend betrayed her.

I remember Alex, my roomate, he didn't speak much, but when he did, he had a nice conversation.

I remember "the night of the wallabees" at Cain & Abels, with Marcelo... and how they "repeated" it for Vicky's B-Day.

I remember the icestorm and how the australian guys and I went out just wearing shorts and T-shirt.

I remember the day I went shopping with Roxana, we didn't have cellphone jet and Vicky was really worried, she almost called the police!

I remember Mexico, it was my first (and maybe last) Spring Break.

I remember meeting JingJing, "talk" to her in chinese and how YingYing was upset with me because I had offended her by saying something rude.

I remember Virginia Tech (and I won't forget it).

I remember Castilian blackout... two days without light or hot water, although I told my parents that it was just a few hours not to worry them.

I remember receiving emails I didn't want to receive from Spain.

I remember my grandma dying in Spain and how I felt weak because I couldn't help my mother and I couldn't go back, and not telling anybody but Vicky (that was upset because I told her three days later).

I remember playing pool with HP, Marcelo and Raul...

... and two poker nights with HP, Marcelo, Jojo, Sammy and Stephen.

I remember Dena and her calling at 3am to speak Spanish (as drunk as a lord, but with the best pronountiation I've ever heard in America).

I remember hanging out with a really nice chinese girl (in the funniest and most interesting night I have lived in Austin), meeting other exchange students and "suffer" their gossiping the day after.

I remember the cockroaches (yes, in plural) of my room.

I remember Vicky calling me because there was a "rat" in her room... that turned to be a cockroach (and it wasn't that big).

I remember seeing Francis Ford Coppola with YingYing and Su Yeong... and Seth MacFarlane with YingYing and Marcelo.

I remember, and never forget, the sadness in Vicky's eyes when she had to say "good bye" to Felix and YingYing.

I remember Felix, Heather, Alex, Amira, Celsio, Sofía, Michal, Sarah, Michael, Claire, Jose Antonio, Aya, Shindo, Su Yeong, Liam, Shannon, Bennie, otra Heather, Burak, Aysha, Svet, Marianne, Ugur, Julie... and so many that I cannot write all their names because it'd take a lot of time...


... So many things I will never forget... and it's been just 5 months...

No hay comentarios: