domingo, 10 de junio de 2007

ByeBye YingYing (June 7th)

Yesterday YingYing went back to China... She has been one of the best people I've found here in Austin and I cannot help having a feeling of sadness. I still remember how I met her and how through her I met really important people for me (like JingJing, Felix, Shannon...)

I don't know why I have a strange feeling, I'm not exactly sad but it's not like being ok... she left with a smile on her face, a hug and a recommendation (that I'll try to follow although I don't know if it's possible)... her smile was so calmed that I can't be sad, but I can´t help feeling like something really important of me is missing. When Vicky, JingJing or Felix (yeah, he left today) said "bye bye" I didn't have a feeling like this one as I knew that one day I'd see then again... but not for YingYing.

We just said "see you... I don't know when". And it wasn't sadness... it was hope and happiness and confussion and melancholy... It was that time at Taco Cabana taking care of her while she was drunk, it was the conversations we had when she had problems with her bf or when she was missing her family... It was Vicky and Felix and Roxana and Marcelo... It was her teaching me chinese (or trying to), argueing about political stuff in China or just drinking coffee while having a chat in Starbucks...

And she left... wearing that smile that I liked so much.

No hay comentarios: