sábado, 16 de junio de 2007

My hometown

I know this is not related to my trip to the United States, but I found this videos surfing the web and I thought it would be nice to show the people how my hometown is. These videos are from a TV show called "Andalucia de Cine" that consisted in little videos (all of them are 1'39'') about almost every town and village in Andalusia (the region where I come from).


The translation to this video woulde be: "Jaen, the historic andalusian capital of the olive tree, is a beautiful border city between the fields and the hills. Jaen, link between andalusian valleys and castilian countryside, it grew up next to Saint Catalina's Castle, from which you can see a geography full of olive trees. Its streets are open to magnificent churches and palaces that give to this city an artistic range different to the other andalusian capitals. Silvered Jaen. Andalusian crossroad."


And the translation for this second video is: "Jaen, andalusian capital of the olive tree, historical bridge between high valleys of guadalquivir and the Castilian plateau. Cleaved between steep mountains, Jaen was called Jeen (“station of caravans”) by the Arabs, and played an essential role in the communications with the bordering regions. Its urban core, presided by the imposing castle of Saint Catherine, keeps excellent architectonic samples, from the Renaissance cathedral to famous civil buildings. Jaen, industrial and pretty, city of romances, historical axis of inner Andalusia."

I hope you liked it. See you!

No hay comentarios: